By Juliette L., Senior Social Media Specialist and Guest Blogger
They say April showers bring May flowers, and this April was no different. We freshened up our Trading Website and Scottrade.com and incorporated your feedback into the updates. We also celebrated our launch of Focus™ Morningstar ETFs, and we had time to do a few fun things too! In the midst of all the not-so-great events like tax time, I get to share all of Scottrade’s exciting news with you. In case you missed anything, here’s a recap:
- Flash Mob – We started this month out with an April Fools’ Day joke on our Founder and CEO, Rodger Riney. Some of us danced in a flash mob to surprise him for April Fool’s Day – did you see the flash mob video of all of us trying to dance?
- Home Page Customization – We made changes to the Trading Website to allow you to customize your home page:
-- My Account display: You can customize balances on your home page by
viewing the balances most relevant to you and view your account balances in
the chart style that suits you – enhanced or classic.
-- Quick Links: The Quick Links table of the home page provides convenient
access to other parts of your account or the Scottrade website.
- Food Fight! – Illustrating our commitment to community involvement, our associates collected more than 24,000 canned goods in just four weeks in a Financial Food Fight competition against other St. Louis-based financial services firms – we even showed off our creative sides and built 15 structures with them (check out the video!).
- Ringing The Opening Bell® – To celebrate our new 15 low-cost Focus™ Morningstar ETFs, Scottrade and FocusShares® rang the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) Opening Bell for the first time ever. It was a milestone for us, and our director of public relations live tweeted about it. Check out her recap about celebrating our new ETFs!
- Scottrade.com Redesign – We launched a complete redesign of our website, Scottrade.com, on April 27 and incorporated customer feedback to make it easier to use for our customers. Read about the major enhancements.
Will you be customizing your home page or visiting our website more often? Let us know by commenting which of the updates is your favorite.
Juliette L. has been with Scottrade since 2010. She assists with campaign management for the social media team and also facilitates and manages the content you see on the About Us website.
Want to continue the conversation? Go to the Scottrade® Online Community.