By Ben W., Social Media Intern and Guest Blogger
This month is our 31st anniversary of being in business, and we thought a scavenger hunt would be a fun way to celebrate. You can learn more about Scottrade and win free stuff! So, what do you have to do to win?
- Read this blog post daily for a new clue each day.
- Watch our instructional video.
- “Like” us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or subscribe to our RSS feed to get reminders when the clues are posted. You want to be the first to see them, don’t you?
- We’re mad-libbing it, so fill in the blanks of each clue and keep track of them throughout the week. Don’t give away your answers – keep them confidential!
- On Monday, May 23, no later than 8:30 a.m. CT, submit your answers in one submission through the comments section below. We’ll be moderating the comments, so they won’t be posted until after 8:30 a.m. CT that day.
How do you win?
- When submitting your answers, be sure you enter your full name and a valid email address in the fields provided.
- The winners will be randomly selected and emailed on Monday, May 23.
- Want more chances to win? Check into a Scottrade branch location on Foursquare and shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #AboutUs. You’ll be entered in the drawing one time for each check-in using this hashtag. When submitting your answers, be sure to let us know how many times you checked in!
- Use the template below as a helpful guide when submitting your answers:
What can you win?
First place: $100 and seven free trades - Sylvia McCroskey
Second place: $50 and five free trades - John Raymond
Third place: $25 and three free trades - Gregory Boivin
Monday: In the year ___, CEO Rodger Riney and a partner formed ____ ______. http://bit.ly/ivgweB
Tuesday: CNBC Stock Correspondent ____ ____ visited Scottrade Headquarters to collect _____ for a segment on ____ _____. http://bit.ly/kw50uj
Wednesday: Scottrade recently launched 15 new ___ and celebrated by ringing the ____ ___ ___ for the first time. http://bit.ly/jtBUWB
Thursday: Mr. H opened his Scottrade account in ____ and was _____ years old. He started saving for retirement in the year ____. http://bit.ly/jJhTor
Friday: Scottrade executive _____ handed out ____ ____ to associates to celebrate Scottrade making FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” List for the _____ year in a row. http://bit.ly/ipXnoI
OPTIONAL CLUE: If you have a smartphone, using a QR reader app (standard data rates apply), scan this QR code to find the the answer to this clue: How many social media pages does The Chad Ridgeway currently have? You'll be entered into the drawing twice if you answer correctly!
Ben W. is a Social Media Intern at Scottrade. He's a part-time sports writer and a full-time student when he's not helping the Public Relations Department.
Want to continue the conversation? Go to the Scottrade Online Community.