Scottrade OptionsFirst® offers the tools and educational resources to help execute advanced options strategies.
Cost to Trade
- Option orders are $7 per ticket plus $1.25 per contract on all orders up to four legs.
- $0 account transfer
- $0 maintenance
- No volume requirements
- No monthly minimums
Options Trading Strategies
OptionsFirst® offers the capability to trade all options trading strategies including:
- Cash-secured puts
- Credit and debit spreads
- Four-legged spreads
- Naked put and call writing
Online Investment Education Resources
Scottrade offers options trading education through Live Webinars, the KnowHow® News newsletter and the Scottrade® Online Community. The Options Industry Council (OIC) also provides education, including:
- Online classes:
• Options Basics
• Options Pricing
• Introduction to Spreading
- Learning Tools
• Options Glossary
• Free Options INVESTigator Software
• Free Options DVD
• Options Book
Options Trading Tools
- Covered Call Investigator
• Scans the market to find the highest possible premium for covered call
trades and breaks them into categories by the stock’s market cap.
- Risk Viewer
• Shows the profit/loss for positions, including multi-leg spreads.
• Breaks down the Greeks for individual positions and overall portfolio.
• Estimates market risk, position-by-position or portfolio-wide, to provide
theoretical value of positions and portfolio depending on market
• Determines bearish, bullish or neutral based trading strategies.
• Executes hypothetical scenarios to determine the potential for profit.
- Customizable Hot List and Watch List
• Tracks the number of contracts in the market with an unlimited number
- Tools provided by The Options Industry Council (OIC)
• Pricing Calculator
• Strategy Screener
• Position Simulator
- Smart Execution
• With Point-and-Click execution, you can quickly place trades with
accuracy and security. Easily configure your order with Smart Order
Tickets and easily view Execution Reports to see how your order was
- Enhanced Charting.
• Customize the chart to your needs by choosing the time frame, chart
type, and upper and lower indicators.
- Virtual Trading
• Watch, trade and test the market in real-time to determine entry and
exit points or evaluate different strategies before using real money.
- Complex Options Strategies
• Execute advanced options strategies such as spreads, straddles,
strangles, collars and butterflies – up to four legs per spread.