For the sixth consecutive year, Scottrade is honored as one of the country’s most innovative companies
ST. LOUIS, Sept. 12, 2012 – Investing services company, Scottrade, Inc., earned a spot on the InformationWeek 500 list of the nation’s top innovators. The company is ranked No. 235 on the list for addressing its clients’ needs through an information technology (IT) initiative that released the most comprehensive mobile trading application available.
“At Scottrade, business and IT teams work in sync to develop products, solutions and services for today’s investors and traders,” said Ian Patterson, Scottrade’s chief information officer. “Our IT teams address the needs of our clients by developing powerful, user-friendly trading tools, like our mobile trading app, to help them take control of their financial futures.”
Scottrade was the first of its direct competitors to provide an all-inclusive mobile trading app that enables clients to complete the full lifecycle of investing. The Scottrade® Mobile app provides users the ability to research investment opportunities, execute advanced trades and manage accounts on-the-go.
“The InformationWeek 500 has recognized the most innovative users of business technology for 24 years, and this year’s innovations were particularly impressive,” said InformationWeek Editor In Chief Rob Preston. “What the editors looked for are unconventional approaches—new technologies, new models, new ways of grabbing business opportunities and solving complex business problems with IT.”
2012 marks the sixth consecutive year Scottrade has received the InformationWeek 500 recognition.
- In 2011, for its seamless online bank deposit program that offers eligible clients additional FDIC insurance for their uninvested cash.
- In 2010, for its expanded mutual funds offering. Scottrade streamlined its mutual fund operations and implemented controls to safeguard clients.
- In 2009, for its Web 2.0 technology that replaced its Intranet with an innovative solution to enable associates to easily publish, update and share information.
- In 2008, for its MultiProtocol Label Switching technology that increased bandwidth at most of the company’s nationwide branch offices by more than 600 percent, enabling associates to more effectively stream and download data when assisting clients.
- In 2007, for its redundant state-of-the-art data center, which included a redesigned network and seamless migration of existing systems within a one-year timeframe.
InformationWeek identifies and honors the nation's most innovative users of information technology with its annual 500 listing, and also tracks the technology, strategies, investments and administrative practices of America’s best-known companies. The InformationWeek 500 rankings are unique among corporate rankings as it spotlights the power of innovation in information technology, rather than simply identifying the biggest IT spenders.
Scottrade operates the largest branch office network among online brokerage firms, with more than 500 branch offices nationwide. The company pairs its local presence with robust online trading tools to give its clients the option of learning online or meeting face-to-face with a stock broker.
About Scottrade, Inc.
Investors who enjoy online stock trading will find value and personalized customer service at online investing firm Scottrade, Inc. Founded in 1980, Scottrade enables clients to learn about online trading tools, stock market research and how to buy stocks online, many at just $7 per trade. With more than 500 nationwide branch offices, Scottrade has the largest branch network among online brokerage firms. To learn more about one of FORTUNE® magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” visit about.scottrade.com or www.scottrade.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr. Member FINRA/SIPC.
© 2012 Scottrade, Inc. Scottrade® and the Scottrade® logo are the registered trademarks of Scottrade, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.