Scottrade® Advisor Services clearing paths for advisors with new tech agreements
Custodian seeking to empower advisors with technology resources to maximize business productivity
ST. LOUIS, Dec. 14, 2016 – Scottrade® Advisor Services now has agreements with two leading industry solutions providers to help RIAs run their day-to-day routines. Scottrade signed agreements with Morningstar, Inc. and Orion Advisor Services, LLC (“Orion”) to offer their services at a discount.
The Morningstar solution for advisors who custody with Scottrade® Advisor Services includes discounted one-year subscriptions to Morningstar® Office Suite with second-year renewals also offered at a discount.
The Morningstar® Office Suite includes:
- Morningstar OfficeSM features portfolio management and performance reporting, practice management, advanced research capabilities and investment planning.
- Morningstar® Back Office Services helps advisors manage their entire portfolio accounting system with daily data maintenance and reconciliation.
- Morningstar Data Aggregation (formerly Morningstar® ByAllAccountsSM) gathers, transforms and delivers daily account data to provide a complete household view of the clients’ portfolio including held-away assets.
- Morningstar® Total Rebalance Expert (formerly tRx) offers tax-aware portfolio rebalancing to lower costs, enable tax efficiencies and streamline cash management for clients.
- Embedded Redtail Technology provides a web-based client relationship management solution.
For the agreement with Orion, Scottrade® Advisor Services will pay the standard service fees for all new accounts with the firm and managed within the Orion Connect platform for one year.
The Orion Connect platform includes:
- Portfolio accounting and data aggregation services, performance reporting, single-sign on with integration partners, and online, guided training.
- Business intelligence apps for analyzing business trends on data stored on the Orion platform like AUM, client accounts, demographic information, and aggregated comparisons against other Orion advisors.
- Custom-branded and customizable Client Portal and Mobile App.
- Advisory fee billing capabilities and trade order management and portfolio rebalancing tools.
- Video statements personalized to clients, and client portfolio updates via text alerts.
“Our focus is on providing RIAs with the superior service and technology that will help them meet the needs of their clients and run successful businesses,” said Brian Stimpfl, senior vice president and Head of Scottrade® Advisor Services. “We want to help advisors put themselves in strong competitive positions, powered by leading technology – and this relationship we’ve struck with some of the most recognizable names in the RIA technology space is one way we’re helping them compete.”
The Scottrade® Advisor Services 2016 RIA Study revealed the two biggest concerns advisors have about technology are staying up to date, followed by the high cost of purchase. Access to new technology, support and training are vital assets for RIAs as they manage their practices.
Scottrade® Advisor Services has agreements with several advisor technology providers – many at a discount – to help advisors stay up to date. For more information on Orion or Morningstar, contact Scottrade® Advisor Services at (866) 306-7135 or by email at email@example.com. For more information about the Scottrade Advisor Services Resource Center, visit advisor.scottrade.com/resource-center.html.
About the 2016 Scottrade® Advisor Services RIA Study
The 2016 Scottrade® Advisor Services RIA Study was conducted July 25 – Aug. 9, 2016, in collaboration with Harris Poll, an independent third-party research firm not affiliated with Scottrade Financial Services, Inc., its business units or subsidiaries. The 303 Registered Investment Advisors were age 18 and older and were employed at firms managing at least $10 million in assets under management.
This online survey is not based on a probability sample, and therefore, no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information and content provided is for informational and/or educational purposes only. The information presented or discussed is not, and should not be considered, a recommendation or an offer of, or solicitation of an offer by, Scottrade or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security or other financial product, or an endorsement or affirmation of any specific investment strategy.
About Scottrade® Advisor Services
Scottrade® Advisor Services is dedicated to supporting the needs of the independent registered investment advisor through available strategic resources and personalized support through dedicated relationship teams. For more information, visit https://advisor.scottrade.com.
Orion Advisor Services, LLC (Orion) is the premier portfolio accounting service provider for advisors. Our firm has unique insights into the advisory profession because it was founded for investment advisors by an investment advisor in 1999. Orion frees advisors from back-office tedium so they can enjoy their business again by devoting their time and energy to better serving clients. Orion provides the integrated and fully customizable technology solutions that advisors need to help grow their businesses over the long term. The firm's technology solutions empower more than 900 advisory firms with total assets under administration in excess of $335 billion, from more than 1,415,000 individual accounts.
Scottrade, Morningstar and Orion are not affiliated. Third-party websites, research and tools are from sources deemed reliable. Scottrade does not guarantee accuracy or completeness of the information and makes no assurances with respect to results to be obtained from their use.
# # #